Detox is the process of purging toxins from the body. When our bodies are overwhelmed by toxins, we may start to experience a variety of unpleasant symptoms including irritability, stress, insomnia, migraines, allergies and the inability to concentrate. Detoxing is a great way to cleanse your system of chemicals it does not need, which no doubt are affecting your overall well-being. There are many different methods of detox with some programs lasting just one day and others carrying on for one month. Whichever program you choose, you will need to prepare your body for the process. Here are some simple guidelines for how to prepare for a detox.
- Learn as much as you can about detox programs and the process
The more you learn the better you will be at choosing which detox is right for you and how to mentally prepare for what to expect. Some things that should be taken into consideration include the following:
- Side effects – during a detox, toxins are released into the bloodstream and may cause a number of side effects which include head and body aches, rashes, insomnia, constipation or diarrhea, and mood swings. It is important to prepare yourself for the symptoms and the discomfort they may cause in order to persevere through the detox.
- Types of detox – No detox program is right for absolutely everyone, but it is important to keep in mind that the majority of detox programs focus on changing eating habits. Prepare to detox with a plan that you feel you can commit to.
- Duration of detox – The duration of the detox is entirely up to you, but it’s important to speak to a consultant before you begin. Regardless of the length of the detox program, changes should be noticeable to the second or third day.
- Start a detox journal
An important aspect of detox is to record your journey. It is recommended to start a detox journal before you detox begins – write down how you feel and highlight both mental and physical perceptions and keep recording your thoughts and feelings throughout the duration of your detox.
- Stock your kitchen
Stock your kitchen and refrigerator with foods you will use during your detox if you are not attending a detox program at a wellness center. If your detox plan includes supplements and vitamins, make sure those are also well-stocked and on hand.
- Change your eating habits in preparation for your detox
Scale down on the amount of fatty foods and processed foods you are consuming and replace them with fresh fruits and vegetables. Replace sugary or carbonated drinks with glasses of water and cut back on alcohol, refined sugar and caffeine. If you smoke, prepare yourself mentally to stop.
- Get plenty of rest
Although a detox is a great experience and does wonders for your body, during the process you will undergo physical, mental and emotional changes. Some find that these changes affect their sleeping habits. It is important to be well rested before you begin your detox and for the entire duration of the program.
How to Prepare for a Detox in Phuket
Here at Santosa Detox and Wellness Center, we have three levels of detox and fasting programs with varied intensity that are especially tailored according the needs of each individual. Our experienced and extremely professional detox consultants will work with you to find the program that best suits your individual needs. Our programs can be started on any day of the week and last from three to twenty-one days. If you are interested in detox programs in Phuket at our lovely center located in Kata Beach, simply fill out the inquiry below and one of our consultants will get back to you.
[gravityform id=”3″ title=”true” description=”true”]