New Year’s resolutions usually are bound to fail, right? Wrong!
This time do something different and get what you want -make 2015 a fresh start!
We will be holding a Goal Setting Workshop on January 4th from 10am to 5.30pm at Santosa with Susanna Huza a Master Practitioner and Trainer of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), TimeLine Therapy® and Hypnosis.
Define and determine your goal outcome and make your goal neurologically compelling with us in this Workshop! It’s only 2999THB to learn skills for a lifetime plus it includes delicious lunch and refreshments. Book with us before the 28th Dec to get your 15% discount!
Until then here are some tips you can work on before the Workshop!
There are 3 main reasons that stop us from getting what we want:
1) ‘Away-From’ The past is full of old physical habits, thinking patterns, experiences and memories that are loaded with emotion that can actually hinder rather than further our ambitions and dreams. Therefore, when we think of the future we too often follow an idea of what we want as an away from what we don’t want anymore … and that sets us up for failure.
2) ‘Overload’ Or: “Biting off more than you can chew”. This is where our ideal of what we want is so disproportionate to where we are that it triggers the fight-or-flight response. Who does not know someone, who bought the cross trainer or treadmill only use it once and then park it in their bedroom as a clothes-rack …
3) ‘Procrastination’ The simple truth is that we sometimes just get too idle to take action. We close our eyes and dream of an alternate reality that we wished was ours to have. Just think of the stereotypical expat at the street-side bar and the stories s/he spins …
The truth is that you always get what you focus on. So here are some suggestions on how to help you get what you want in the New Y ear:
1) ‘Imagine the Future’ Thinking of your 2015 resolution(s), ask yourself: How do I know I can get there? Use present tense and positive words only! Imagine a specific time in the future when you have what you desire. Really paint that picture and bathe in the feeling of freedom. Hear yourself tell the story of your success to a group of friends. Make a mental and emotional snapshot of that vision so you may visit it again and again.
2) ‘Write out Resolutions’ Now write down the details of your resolution. Use present tense and positive words only! The more specific you are the better. Watch out for pitfalls of failure, and ask for help to clarify your intentions when needed.
3) ‘Mile-Stones’ Now work backwards from your snapshot filling in measurable and achievable milestones to your success. What has to happen sequentially for you go get what you want? Set timeframes. What resources do you already have. What and whom else do you require to bring into your life in order to help your goal along? Note: Some people find it easier to also set to-do-lists and tick them off as they go along.
4) ‘Success breeds Success’ Take small, continuous steps to success. Be careful to avoid triggering your fight or flight response. Make your immediate Mile-Stones small and easily achievable in order to build momentum for your ultimate goal.
The New Year is a new beginning, so what is it about this annual “new” that causes us to reflect upon our lives and our accomplishments? I believe that each of us has an inborn drive to grow and create an environment that fulfills our innermost desires. We want to make life as fulfilling as we can.
Whatever our motivation; be it personal, financial, health or romance, we annually draw a new line in the sand and claim a starting point for our next chapter.
In over 10 years applied experience as an international Performance Coach and Trainer I have learnt that when we plan, visualize and talk about our goals and dreams, there is an excited trepidation inside our chest that is both anticipation and fear. This is normal because we are about to leave the safe haven of the past and sail into the open sea.
Join us for the Workshop – we can help you navigate those storms…
Call 076 330 600 or email Sandra@santosaphuket.com
Susanna Huza A Master Practitioner and Trainer of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), TimeLine Therapy® and Hypnosis. She is a Certified Member of the American Board of NLP & Hypnosis and the International Time Line Therapy™ Association. After completing post-graduate studies in International Law of Human Rights in 2000, Susanna decided to pursue her passion of understanding the psychology of human behaviour. She lives to inspire others on their path to self-knowledge and has worked with both corporate and private clients around the globe for the last 14 years.